Post Winterfest 2015

HQ for planning the next gaming event in Sandusky
tombeach
Major
Major

Post Winterfest 2015

Post by tombeach » Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:08 pm

HI Guys,

Just a brief note to say thanks to everyone for making my first Winterfest a memorable experience!

Regardless of my dogging fatigue which I found difficult to shake, I thoroughly had a great time! It was a pleasure to finally meet those I had only previously known from this board as well as to see old friends again like Troy, This Lee, Dave Mignery and Allen Beach. I hope to see all of you next year.

For those of you who are interested, I have completed an AAR for our Atlantic Wall game. Given everyone pictured has appeared here on this forum before, I presume no conflicts. If this is not the case, let me know and I'll take down the picture.

http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX/.ee6bdaa/1871

Best,

Tom Beach

DaveM1
Major
Major

Re: Post Winterfest 2015

Post by DaveM1 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:58 am

Gotta say I had an absolute blast!

This was my most enjoyable Winterfest of the five I've been to. Great time with friends, playing and hanging out. Can't wait till the next one!

Right with Tom, I'm going to say that if anyone doesn't want to be included in posts or pictures just let me know. I've done posting on BGG rather than on CSW, but I can even delete ones that are already posted.

MTierney
Major
Major

Post by MTierney » Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:33 pm

Guys,
As the organizer for this affair and not having missed one in eighteen years, I think this was our best ever. Thanks to all who attended and look forward to seeing you next year. I have begun talks with the hotel to book the same week in 2016.
Merv Tierney

Madison
Uber-Oberst
Uber-Oberst

Post by Madison » Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:01 pm

I too had a great time. Seemed everything went smooth this year. Merv are we all right on the books for the fest this year? Tom I will probably read your AAR on AW. I just got an email from coolstuffinc.com telling me the game is in stock now and it's selling for 174.00. I hesitate because I think the system is so burden with process that actually ever finishing a game would seem unlikely in one lifetime. I'd imagine this would be a collectors game in due time.

Lastly, next there there will be T-Shirts, hell or high water there will be shirts. I will recycle the design I used this year and find a local printer to do the shirts way ahead.

I'm already missing gaming and want to get back to it. When is the next meet up?

Want to thank Dave for sharing the photos he took, there are many good ones this year. I'll get those uploaded to the website (without breaking it too!)

Cheers,
John

DaveM1
Major
Major

Post by DaveM1 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:36 pm

John:

I'd be fine with hosting again in the next few weeks. Will check schedules and let you know.

As far as the pics go: glad there are some good ones. One thing I've noticed is that our "Cadre" section could use some updating, with old pictures of long timers and not many pictures of the newer guys. Can that section link to an "about us" page with individual pictures and first names, rather than a big gallery? Just a thought...

MTierney
Major
Major

Post by MTierney » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:25 am

John,
I will be posting a financial report by the weekend. I still owe some of you for services.
Also started a game report, but that will take some thought.

Tom,
I just read your AAR on BGG and have to say, great job! Mirrors my feelings exactly.

Merv

ThisLee
1st Lieutennant
1st Lieutennant

Post by ThisLee » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:17 am

I had a great time, even if it was cut short. I think i was able to balance my time spent on Big Game vs. side games pretty well for myself.

kqrgcw
Captain
Captain

Post by kqrgcw » Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:27 pm

Better late than never. This was an excellant Winterfest. I sense we might be starting to move into other eras of history which is great.

I can't wait for next year, and Merv I can't wait to see your new game room and get back to ftf play.

Roger

ThisLee
1st Lieutennant
1st Lieutennant

Post by ThisLee » Tue May 19, 2015 1:43 am

Just a note that the now-released OCS game "Beyond the Rhine" is dedicated to the late Jim Reasoner.

firefly17pdr
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by firefly17pdr » Thu May 21, 2015 4:18 am

I would be up for something from the Civil War, or perhaps of the Napoleonic era.

Ron