Forum to discuss 2020 gaming
Thohead
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Re: Big Games for "Winerfest" 2020!

Post by Thohead » Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:56 am

CintiJeff wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:56 pm
Any interest in the MMP game Day of Days? Simple but huge...could easily handle 2 players a side...
Jeff

I sent you a private message regarding the game.

Thohead
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post by Thohead » Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:08 am

Anyone interested in something other than a monster WWII game? ACW regimental? Age of Reason series? Simonitch WWII campaign series? CDG?

Ardwulf
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Ardwulf » Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:34 pm

Thohead wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:08 am
Anyone interested in something other than a monster WWII game? ACW regimental? Age of Reason series? Simonitch WWII campaign series? CDG?
It would be amazing to have Holland '44 set up and played on a tiny table between the two GTS Market-Garden games.
-----
Gary N. Mengle/Ardwulf
https://www.youtube.com/ardwulfslair

MarkLacerenza
PFC
PFC

Post by MarkLacerenza » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:30 pm

I and my brother (Donato) will be attending and can jump into Simonitch game (Ukraine or Stalingrad) as a “side” or “front” Commander if interested. We cannot show until Wednesday evening due to work commitments. Our “main” game will likely be Blue Water Navy.

KevinRohrer
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by KevinRohrer » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:40 am

Great that you guys are attending. Maybe we can do Blue Water Navy as a team game.

Thohead
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post by Thohead » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:40 pm

MarkLacerenza wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:30 pm
I and my brother (Donato) will be attending and can jump into Simonitch game (Ukraine or Stalingrad) as a “side” or “front” Commander if interested. We cannot show until Wednesday evening due to work commitments. Our “main” game will likely be Blue Water Navy.
The new Stalingrad '42 would be awesome. I can commit to that. We would likely have team play. Check on my private post to you for my email.

nickgb
Private
Private

Post by nickgb » Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:24 pm

re: Federation & Empire

So most (all besides me?) of the F&E crew is not able to attend this year (I am local and just plan to drive in each day), but I know some other local folks had interest in learning the game last year. If there is still some interest, I could do a learning game. We wouldn't have the dedicated area, but if we use the normal (small) map instead of the large scale map we could make it work in the open play area or something. We could certainly do the first scenario with the base game and no expansions (unless people wanted to continue after the first 6 turns), if there is interest in that. If so, please speak up!

Nick Blank

DaveM1
Major
Major

Post by DaveM1 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:35 am

nickgb wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:24 pm
re: Federation & Empire

So most (all besides me?) of the F&E crew is not able to attend this year (I am local and just plan to drive in each day), but I know some other local folks had interest in learning the game last year. If there is still some interest, I could do a learning game. We wouldn't have the dedicated area, but if we use the normal (small) map instead of the large scale map we could make it work in the open play area or something. We could certainly do the first scenario with the base game and no expansions (unless people wanted to continue after the first 6 turns), if there is interest in that. If so, please speak up!

Nick Blank
Nick:

I'm interested in learning more, but I'm committed to another big game and not sure how much time I'll have....so not sure if I'll be able.

Where do you live, by the way? I'm VERY local to the con, in Huron.

Dave Morris

nickgb
Private
Private

Post by nickgb » Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:14 pm

Dave, I am down near Wellington, OH. I think last year it took me a half-hour or so to drive into the con (Sandusky).

Nick Blank

MTierney
Major
Major

Post by MTierney » Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:29 pm

Nick,
You are local for Dave. He drives an hour and half to my house on weekends for our club!
Merv Tierney