What We're Bringing!

Forum to discuss 2019 gaming
Ardwulf
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

What We're Bringing!

Post by Ardwulf » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:12 pm

So, what all will everyone be bringing to the 'fest? Here's what I'm planing to drive up:

Atlantic Wall (Decision) - This will be the 'main game' for me, along with Merv, Shawn, Tom and Mark, who will, I think, be attending for the first time.

Star Fleet Battles (ADG) - I have nothing official scheduled, but this will get played a couple of times in the evenings, so I'm bringing my rulebooks at least. Plus we'll have the SFB group here this year, and I will probably moon over the F&E thing a lot.

Pericles (GMT) - I got this in the big GMT sale and I know it's coming to the event, so I hope to be able to get into a side game of it.

Flat Top (AH) - Greatly looking forward to our double-blind game. This year I hope to have read more of the rules.

Empire of the Sun (GMT) - Always good as a light filler game.

Roads to Gettysburg II (MMP) - I'm pretty sure there will be a big game of this running, but I figure on bringing my copy in case anyone want to fire up a shorter scenario, and I can coach (badly) someone who would like to learn the system.

OCS Sicily II (MMP) - I would be remiss in not bringing an OCS game, and this is the most portable of the ones I have.

Napoleon's Last Gamble (OSG) - Probably will not get played, but I'm bringing it in case anyone wants to try to push counters around.
-----
Gary N. Mengle/Ardwulf
https://www.youtube.com/ardwulfslair

nashvillen
PFC
PFC

Re: What We're Bringing!

Post by nashvillen » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:36 am

I am the one bringing the Federation and Empire counters, map, charts, etc for the F&E game.

I will also have GMTs SpaceCorp and even Terraforming Mars for something a little lighter.

I will be looking to play some OCS or almost anything else as we have a full F&E game and I really want to play other things like OCS! ;)

I am also willing to learn almost anything else! Just getting away from work for 10 days to game is my reward for a very busy 14 months since I took over this division.

Ardwulf
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Ardwulf » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:02 pm

Ooooh, SpaceCorp looks good, I'd like to try that. Terraforming Mars is excellent, but we have all we can handle of it around here.
-----
Gary N. Mengle/Ardwulf

Tony
PFC
PFC

Post by Tony » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:28 pm

OCS...The Third Winter
OCS...The Forgotten Battles
OCS....The Heron City
OCS.....”Taman & Crimea “

nashvillen
PFC
PFC

Post by nashvillen » Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:57 am

OK, leave Terraforming Mars home, then. Got it.

MTierney
Major
Major

Post by MTierney » Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:06 am

Gary,
You mentioned bringing Atlantic Wall. I am bringing my copy as I have to break it down carefully from the point we stopped. Just so you don’t carry more than you have to. Thanks
Merv

ThisLee
Captain
Captain

Post by ThisLee » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:18 pm

I know I'm bringing:

Flat Top- planning on a 2- or 3-day double-blind game
Star Fleet Battles-- just the Early Years rules and some SSDs & counters. No plans for a scenario at the moment.
God's Playground- often popular, I have the pieces for the 4-player variant on this 3-player cooperative/competitive game

I may bring:
some card-driven 2-player game as a side
Memoir '44 for a quick side game
probably whatever suits my mood and what I can fit in the box on the day I pack. :D

Ardwulf
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Ardwulf » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:31 pm

MTierney wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:06 am
Gary,
You mentioned bringing Atlantic Wall. I am bringing my copy as I have to break it down carefully from the point we stopped. Just so you don’t carry more than you have to. Thanks
Merv
I'll likely leave my counters at home.
-----
Gary N. Mengle/Ardwulf

Madison
Uber-Oberst
Uber-Oberst

Post by Madison » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:29 pm

OCS Barbarossa Derailed
Todd's Tweezers

---

More importantly we need drivers who can carry these items:

BluRay Player / HDMI Cord
Wine Bottle Opener
Cutting Board
Parrying Knife
Coffee Pot
Salt/Pepper
Paper Plates
Napkins/Papertowels
Plastic Utensils
Plastic Bowls

TEJ
Captain
Captain

Post by TEJ » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:40 am

John, I hadn't noticed that I left my tweezers at your place. I'd have wildly, horribly, awfully missed them if you hadn't thought to bring them.

So please, remember to bring them!