OCS Third Winter/Forgotten Battles

Forum to discuss 2019 gaming
marcus
Private
Private

Re: OCS Third Winter/Forgotten Battles

Post by marcus » Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:49 pm

That is why you need one person in command on either side...……………..he will decide where the main effort on each map will be.
The terrain on the Southern map is very open and can be very good for Armoured tactics ,but the Northern map is covered in swamp, forest, woods and lots of river lines so it is better for infantry/air/artillery co-operations...…………… and the Russians have lots of good units to fight on either map...……………..it,s all about planning.

Tony
Private
Private

Post by Tony » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:48 pm

I have been working hard on development and design work. I am hoping to get in to Cleveland on the Thursday, so I can spend Friday setting games up. I sadly can only stay till the following Wednesday as have to go to South Africa. If anyone can help , it will be appreciated. Marcus will bring his play test copy of The Third Winter. I will bring some modified counters. This is due to heavy weapons being removed from the OCS series and as an example tigers are now in companies.
I will bring the updated The Forgotten Battles game. This has new maps that mate with The Third Winter post monstercom.
The taman/Crimea module I will also being. This allows us to add 17th army and opens the southern flank of TTW.
Finally I will bring the eastern maps and version 1.0 of The a Hero city that brings in AGN, volkhov, orienbaum etc. This is a challenge but I am on track.
Therefore, the aim is have in OCS, the whole eastern front late September 43 set up for the first time.
This is key for each game, module to work, the entire front must flow Equally the evolution to take the war to may 45 is dependent on this set(s) playing well . TTW to date is very promis8ng

Marcus and Dave Mignerey are kindly talking to folks whom would like to pick up Armies/Fronts. Key for me is the 2 commander in chiefs. If anyone is interested do please drop me a mail.

mignered
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by mignered » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:11 pm

Urge all OCS players to seriously consider taking a
crack at this one.

Madison
Uber-Oberst
Uber-Oberst

Post by Madison » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:07 am

Tony will we only get play time through Wednesday then? I am hoping you will entrust Marcus to bring it back so we can get the entire week at it. I think due to scale we need all of WF to do this justice. Only getting half of the fest to play a big one is sort of a deal breaker for me and likely others. For many this is our once a year opportunity to big game play and it’s not worth starting a monster then tearing down and even getting a second game up and running.

Tkenily
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Tkenily » Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:58 pm

I would like to play forgotten battles, but if needed I can play Third winter

marcus
Private
Private

Post by marcus » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:02 pm

looks like the ocs chief game developer Curtis Bear and his No2 Chip Saltsman will grace us with their presence this year. This is good news as they will have an early insight as to Tony's thoughts and ideas on his latest games..Both are very fine gamers and good fun to game with...………………..every one playing this game will enjoy being with them.