Civil war gaming

Forum to discuss 2020 gaming
kqrgcw
Captain
Captain

Civil war gaming

Post by kqrgcw » Sat May 18, 2019 5:04 pm

Great Campaigns of the American Civil War.
Many games to choose from.

tombeach
Major
Major

Re: Civil war gaming

Post by tombeach » Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:19 pm

Hi Roger,

I'm very much interested in being involved with you on a GCACW campaign game. Especially after the tournament fun we had at WBC last week. I'll keep you posted in the fall on whether I will be attending or not. Would love to do the 'Atlanta Is Ours' campaign or perhaps even one of the great older games like 'Stonewall's Last Battle' or 'Stonewall In The Valley.' So many good ones to choose from.

Joe Balkoski just retired and we were told at WBC by Ed Beach that he is presently designing a new game on the Nashville and Western Tennessee Campaigns and that 'On To Richmond' is next up in the queue for reissues. Perhaps we might get very lucky and see it on P500 before this next Winterfest.

Best,

Tom

kqrgcw
Captain
Captain

Re: Civil war gaming

Post by kqrgcw » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:31 pm

Sorry to be so late in replying. I would love to do a game. I am presently playing Atlanta is Ours but must let you know that the Union strength is so overwhelming that is one long retreat. The older games would be interesting as well as well.

I have one caveat, my wife's health is getting worse with her COPD and I don't know if her doctor will let her travel next winter which might put a kabosh on this.

I will let you know.

You are so lucky to be able to know those great civil war fans.

Roger