Our Gaming Interests

Forum to discuss 2019 gaming
CintiJeff
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Re: Our Gaming Interests

Post by CintiJeff » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:23 pm

I liked my setup last year...played a lot of OCS (Sicily) but took breaks for other mid sized games.

LIke to play:
OCS - Fan of TBL. Like Baltic Gap and DAK as well. But I'd play any OCS title as a main (but not 24/7) game...

Would bring to play:
Fire in the Lake (4p)
Britannia (4p)
Churchill (3p)
Siege of Jerusalem (4+p)

Willing to learn (+ - have but never played)
SCS / Day of Days (played once, only like 5 pages of rules, but a BIG game)
Virgin Queen
Memoir '44 (played a while back)
Command and Colors Ancients (played a while back) - needs to be a big multiplayer battle
+ Vietnam (VG)
+ Europa - War of Resistance

Once ideas start to firm up, I'm happy to post game lists in table format as I did last year...easier to scan than a thread...

Jeff

MarkLacerenza
Private
Private

Post by MarkLacerenza » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:44 am

KevinRohrer wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:15 pm
MarkLacerenza wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:19 am
My brother (Donato) and I are planning on attending this year. We spoke with Kevin and Gary at the Buckeye Game Fest and they peaked our interest in a small format war gaming venue. We are trusting Victory Games will come through with Thunder in the East by Christmas and play that while at W-F. We can only skip out of work for a few days and thus will be there Thursday-Sunday. We would like to set up a Pericles or Churchill game if we can find others to fill out the table. Mark
Great to meet you two and looking forward to seeing you both. I have a few power-politics, 3-6 player games I will try to get you two to play.

When you schedule your time off, remember that the last Sunday is *dead* and almost everybody is gone. If possible, why not come the first Fri-Sun, then the second Fri-Sat? There is a dinner that second Saturday night at a great steak place that is not to be missed.
Yep, we figured on that type of Sunday. Our modus operandi is Sunday is our big breakfast day, pack, hugs and handshakes, and then on the road. We could consider the weekend before and we'll discuss. We will be there Wednesday night, leaving straight from work places (Dayton, OH and Pittsburgh, PA). We'll be ready to hit the war tables the next morning. Personally three solid days of gaming leaves me frazzled. Not sure I could last many more days in a row!

ThisLee
Captain
Captain

Post by ThisLee » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:28 am

MarkLacerenza wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:44 am

Yep, we figured on that type of Sunday. Our modus operandi is Sunday is our big breakfast day, pack, hugs and handshakes, and then on the road.
This is what 2nd Saturday at Winterfest usually looks like, FYI

KevinRohrer
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by KevinRohrer » Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:36 am

MarkLacerenza wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:44 am
KevinRohrer wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:15 pm
MarkLacerenza wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:19 am
My brother (Donato) and I are planning on attending this year. We spoke with Kevin and Gary at the Buckeye Game Fest and they peaked our interest in a small format war gaming venue. We are trusting Victory Games will come through with Thunder in the East by Christmas and play that while at W-F. We can only skip out of work for a few days and thus will be there Thursday-Sunday. We would like to set up a Pericles or Churchill game if we can find others to fill out the table. Mark
Great to meet you two and looking forward to seeing you both. I have a few power-politics, 3-6 player games I will try to get you two to play.

When you schedule your time off, remember that the last Sunday is *dead* and almost everybody is gone. If possible, why not come the first Fri-Sun, then the second Fri-Sat? There is a dinner that second Saturday night at a great steak place that is not to be missed.
Yep, we figured on that type of Sunday. Our modus operandi is Sunday is our big breakfast day, pack, hugs and handshakes, and then on the road. We could consider the weekend before and we'll discuss. We will be there Wednesday night, leaving straight from work places (Dayton, OH and Pittsburgh, PA). We'll be ready to hit the war tables the next morning. Personally three solid days of gaming leaves me frazzled. Not sure I could last many more days in a row!
That is why I suggest you guys come in the first and second Fri-Sun. You will have 4-days to decompress between Gaming Nirvana.

MTierney
Major
Major

Post by MTierney » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:16 am

For all you new guys, it is hard to maintain this thing for ten days. I am one of the organizers and set up the first Friday. By the following Saturday most of us that start early are ready for home. That does not mean others could not play through the second weekend. The room is paid for and the rented tables. I would just need to know who planned on doing so and set some ground rules for cleanup.

Merv Tierney

tombeach
Major
Major

Post by tombeach » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:12 pm

Save for a GOSS game, I would be very interested in joining a CSS Montélimar or Guam game as well.

CintiJeff
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by CintiJeff » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:05 am

I'd be up for trying Black Orchestra as well....

KevinRohrer
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by KevinRohrer » Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:25 pm

Firming up what will be in my War Box:

Will be bringing to teach/play:
*Democracy Under Siege (3-player)
*Ides of March (3-Player)

Will be bringing to play:
*DAK
*Successors, 3rd ed--GMT
*Amateur to Arms (COA), the Big Board Games edition
*Napoleon Against Europe (Hexasim)
*Empire of the Sun (MMP)
*Hannibal: Rome vs Carthage
*Hands in the Sea
*Wir Sind Das Wolk! (2-player, power-politics game about the ideological struggle between East & West Germany)
*Great War Commander
*Combat Commander