My Play List

CintiJeff
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:18 pm
Location: SW Ohio

Re: My Play List

Post by CintiJeff » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:04 pm

No. But we've played the base game with house rules...

The card holder is the supreme commander, and each round he doles out a card to the relevant subordinate to carry out.

So on the first round he might give a card to his left wing, next his right wing, etc.

Still works well, and the griping and whining among the subordinates is great...

KevinRohrer
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 46
Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:24 pm
Location: Medina, Ohio

Re: My Play List

Post by KevinRohrer » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:29 pm

Am still looking for opponents for games each day. I would love to play something long like Absolute Victory, EotS, Liberty Roads, or Napoleon Against Europe, but am open to others.

Here is a partial list of what I will bring:
Combat Commander (GMT)
Twilight struggle (GMT)
Napoleon Against Europe (Hexasim)
Absolute Victory (Compass)
Mr. Madison's War (GMT)
Blitz! A World in Conflict (ADG)
Liberty Roads (Hexasim)
Clash of Cultures w/ expansion
Hands in the Sea (Knights Works)
Sergeants Miniatures (LBG)
Empire of the Sun (GMT)
Labyrinth (GMT)
Lock'n Load tactical series

User avatar
MTierney
Major
Major
Posts: 166
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:23 pm
Location: Randolph, Ohio

Re: My Play List

Post by MTierney » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:32 pm

Kevin,
We will get you hooked up with someone. Lots of new faces and old this year so you won't be lonely.
Merv Tierney

CintiJeff
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:18 pm
Location: SW Ohio

Re: My Play List

Post by CintiJeff » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:54 pm

Kevin:

I might be doing Roman miniatures on the first Saturday, but Sunday onward I'd be up for any of the following:

Twilight Struggle (know well)
Empire of the Sun (played a few times)
Labyrinth (know well)

And happy to check out ones I don't know as well.

As we get closer, I'll know more about arrival, but anticipate maybe noon or 1 on Saturday...

Jeff

DaveM1
Major
Major
Posts: 190
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:05 pm

Re: My Play List

Post by DaveM1 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:05 pm

CintiJeff wrote:No. But we've played the base game with house rules...

The card holder is the supreme commander, and each round he doles out a card to the relevant subordinate to carry out.

So on the first round he might give a card to his left wing, next his right wing, etc.

Still works well, and the griping and whining among the subordinates is great...

Turns out GMT has the card sets for sale separate from the out-of-print expansion, and I have them on their way. I also have base game plus the Expansion 2+3 box they put out a few years back...so this could be a go! :D

KevinRohrer
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 46
Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:24 pm
Location: Medina, Ohio

Re: My Play List

Post by KevinRohrer » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:45 pm

DaveM1 wrote:
CintiJeff wrote:

Turns out GMT has the card sets for sale separate from the out-of-print expansion, and I have them on their way. I also have base game plus the Expansion 2+3 box they put out a few years back...so this could be a go! :D
Count me in.

KevinRohrer
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 46
Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:24 pm
Location: Medina, Ohio

Re: My Play List

Post by KevinRohrer » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:50 pm

CintiJeff wrote:Kevin:

I might be doing Roman miniatures on the first Saturday, but Sunday onward I'd be up for any of the following:

Twilight Struggle (know well)
Empire of the Sun (played a few times)
Labyrinth (know well)


As we get closer, I'll know more about arrival, but anticipate maybe noon or 1 on Saturday...

Jeff
Ok. I know the TS well, but have two long-standing games of it on the net, so will want to play something else. I did know Labyrinth well, but it has been awhile. I do like it a lot, though. As for EofS, I played it a couple weeks ago w/ the guy who won the wood for it at last year's WBC, and showed me a few things. I do not know it as well as I want, but definitely want to play it more.

I also need to add Triumph & Tragedy to the list.

CintiJeff
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:18 pm
Location: SW Ohio

Re: My Play List

Post by CintiJeff » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:55 pm

Ooh, I'd be up for Triumph and Tragedy if we can get a 3rd....I had a friend take me through a couple years at WBC and really liked it...

KevinRohrer
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 46
Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:24 pm
Location: Medina, Ohio

Re: My Play List

Post by KevinRohrer » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:07 pm

CintiJeff wrote:Ooh, I'd be up for Triumph and Tragedy if we can get a 3rd....I had a friend take me through a couple years at WBC and really liked it...
I put my 2nd edition copy together and have re-read the rules. Maybe we can attract a newby. The rules are teachable.

I wil also be bringing my 1st edition copy (along w/ lots of other games) to sell. There are no important differences between the editions.

KevinRohrer
First Sergeant
First Sergeant
Posts: 46
Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:24 pm
Location: Medina, Ohio

Re: My Play List

Post by KevinRohrer » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:36 pm

I plan to be at the con all ten days and want to play a variety of games. One will be a North Africa game. Those I have that I am interested in playing are:
Shifting Sands (MMP)
Rommel's War (L2)
The Legend Begins (Terran Games)

Also, if there is any interest, I would run a game of Sergeants Miniatures (LBG). The rules are easily explained.

Post Reply