Great Campaigns of the American Civil War

MTierney
Captain
Captain

Re: Great Campaigns of the American Civil War

Postby MTierney » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:58 am

Roger,
Hate to say it, but don't know if we can accommodate all that, at least not until the miniatures session is done. I have already doubled the table order and we are still looking short. After Saturday that should change.

tombeach
Major
Major

Postby tombeach » Sat May 19, 2018 1:52 pm

Hi Roger,

I hope you're having as much fun with your new copies of AIO and RTG2 as I am! As I mentioned at 2018, I would be most interested in getting involved in one of the new aforementioned titles at this years upcoming WF 2019 if you will be playing that again. I also picked up on the scuttlebutt that you are considering a game of Last Chance for Victory, which I would also be very interested in should it come off. Please keep me posted throughout the year.

Thanks

Tom Beach

kqrgcw
Captain
Captain

Postby kqrgcw » Sat May 19, 2018 2:27 pm

I got the AIO game Gettysburg II earlier this month. There has been some discussion about Last chance but I haven't been to Merv's in a while.

At the end of February my wife had a severe problem with her COPD with too much CO2 in blood stream. She was in the hospital and rehab for just short of a month. She is recovering , but I spend even more time helping her. At this point, due to her health, I am not even sure she would be able to travel next February. I will have to keep you posted.

I actually have'nt had a chance to do any more than look at the games.

Roger

tombeach
Major
Major

Postby tombeach » Mon May 21, 2018 4:02 pm

I'm very sorry to hear of your wife's increased health issues. I wish her and you the best as the year moves on and hope we will still see you in February. I will look forward to hearing more from you as we get closer. Till then.

Tom

kqrgcw
Captain
Captain

Postby kqrgcw » Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:30 pm

Thanks,

Looking forward with hope there are probably three routes that would fill a week.

The Atlanta is Ours game, A grand Antietam using using Second Manassas and Antietam, and a Grand Gettysburg from the Fredericksburg area to Gettysburg.

Also, if anyone is familiar enough with 1864 it might make an interesting break or side game.

Thoughts anyone?

Roger

tombeach
Major
Major

Postby tombeach » Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:49 pm

Roger,

Have you downloaded the 'Long Roads to Gettysburg' rules from the MMP site yet? This looks really good.

Tom

kqrgcw
Captain
Captain

Postby kqrgcw » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:54 pm

Yes. I have to put some notations on the charts as printer cut the left off the sheets. I think this game would take both players constantly checking the rules to make sure it is being done right.

Looks very good.

Roger

tombeach
Major
Major

Postby tombeach » Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:19 pm

Roger,

Don't know if PBEM/Vassal holds any interest for you. But I just joined the ranks for those who will be playing in the 2018/2019 tournament which starts late this year or early next. If you have interst in participating contact Mark at gcacw.gm.gmail.com

You can also find this recent public invitation post on Facebook for the GCACW page.

Tom

RE: RTG2, yes the "Long Roads" is a bit involving. I've read the rules and think it will actually be quite manageable. We're thinking of trying it here as our next monster this fall.

kqrgcw
Captain
Captain

Postby kqrgcw » Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:22 pm

I really don't have much time for gaming due to wife's illness so I have not got involved in vassal etc. What little I did it seemed to take longer than playing a game.

In my review of the Long Road rules it seems that Meade might never get the call leading to an interesting situation.

If you get a shot at it in the fall let me know if this is possibility for Winterfest for you.

Roger

Return to “Winterfest XXI - 2018”