OCS Table Suggestions

Our 20th Anniversary Fest!
Madison
Uber-Oberst
Uber-Oberst

OCS Table Suggestions

Post by Madison » Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:05 pm

This last weekend at Merv's someone mentioned the use of sheet rock as a table leveling tool. We laid out the maps during our discussion about this game and I thought that whomever can bring the 2-3 pieces of sheet rock we could pre-cut them to the map dimensions so as to allow easier access to the center parts of the map.

I know it's going to be a back breaker and if we can reduce the playing surface to exactly what the map dimensions are that may help. The sheet rock should be strong enough to use a sleightly smaller table footprint than the Sheetrock laying over the top. On the cut edges we could duck tape around to keep the powdered edge from being exposed.

We could plan better lighting as well and enlarged charts that could be hung on the walls. This would mean we would need to setup near a back wall. Hopefully this has sparked some ideas as well. I recall the room last year had track lighting but most if not all the bulbs were out. Maybe Merv could call ahead a few weeks to see if they can get all those replaced by maintenance.