OCS Big Table Game (8-10 players)

Our 20th Anniversary Fest!
Tkenily
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: OCS Big Table Game (8-10 players)

Post by Tkenily » Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:43 pm

I wanted everyone to know if the Nov 42 scenario is played you really need 4 to 5 played on each side. When you add the Caucasus there is much to do. First of all there will be a crisis in the German center because the Soviets will be able to launch a offensive there. There is a crisis at Stalingrad. Then there is a crisis in the Caucasus area because there are panzers all spread out and no supply and the Soviets will be at taking the offensive there also. There is so much to do in each side it will make your head spin. There will be plenty of work for all.

Troy

MTierney
Major
Major

Post by MTierney » Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:02 am

Troy,
Wish you and Dave could have been here for our last meet. Hard to figure things out here. Anyway, concensus was that the north should not be played. Not enough supply. Units all stripped out. Nothing to do. Obvious from your post you think not.

It really comes down to there are a lot of guys who would play this but not hard core, stick to it, no side games, and some if not most are not OCS experts. I am not one myself and want to play side games too. John had a good point also in that while I want everyone to have a good time, I do not want to be looking for things to keep people "in play". It would be tough to keep twelve players busy.

You could get 5-6 "A" players and do both south maps. You go more than that and you get into these other issues. Sorry, as I am the one who proposed this last year, but did not think it through.

Merv

Madison
Uber-Oberst
Uber-Oberst

Post by Madison » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:42 am

Where are we at with this game, the possible map reduction and who is definitely wanting to play?

Madison
Uber-Oberst
Uber-Oberst

Post by Madison » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:37 pm

I'm killing this thread and locking it. If anyone wants to resurrect a big OCS game please start a new thread. :)
I do believe the game is dead anyways. Move along, nothing to see here.