Side Game Proposals

HQ for planning the next gaming event in Sandusky
ThisLee
Captain
Captain

Re: Side Game Proposals

Post by ThisLee » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:25 pm

tombeach wrote: I have been anticipating Steve Pancrazio's Canvas Falcons for quite a while now as to be published by Clash of Arms. I found this week that Steve has presented his game for download self-printing. I have investigated it quite deeply this week and have found it to be an incredible looking game where WWI air is concerned. I haven't bought it yet, but plan on doing so this next week or so. Are you up on this publication? Fantastic content for the money $30.00. Of course you have to print yourself. But still, the amount of material and the supposed quality of the counters, the rules and the scenarios is garnering great reviews. Also, the game also includes an operational module which in and of itself looks fascinating.
I'd heard the name floated about for years, never looked into it. An operational mod is intriguing.
Did you end up taking the plunge on Bloody April? Remember you saying that the word on the street had soured you on it.
I don't remember saying that. The only thing holding me back is a shortage of money in my fun fund, it's still #1 in my games-to-buy list.

tombeach
Major
Major

Post by tombeach » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:07 pm

Lee,

As you probably know, GMT just started their Fall Sale yesterday. Bloody April can be had for only $27.50 if you received any P500 orders from them this year. Otherwise it's probably no cheaper at the 20% off for non-P500 customers than you could get it for at any other outlet.

I'll let you know my thoughts on Canvas falcons when I get it.

TEJ

I'd be up for Close Action as well. I enjoy naval games quite a lot. Speaking of which, I also play Flying Colors as well as Jack Greene's Royal Navy, Destroyer Captain and Ironbottom Sound.

Tom

firefly17pdr
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by firefly17pdr » Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:04 pm

Tom - if the EFS games fall through the crack I wouldn't mind giving the Bulge game another crack. If you want to do a campaign game, I'd say lets go with four players. I personally have no preference on the side I'd play, but I do have experience with Fifth Panzer Army.

Ron

tombeach
Major
Major

Post by tombeach » Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:50 pm

Ron,

Were you opposed to participating in the Atlantic Wall game? I thought Merv still had slots available if you wanted to play GOSS. Or does Normandy not interest you?

I would love to play WaR sometime again. Just thought the group had settled on AW this time around is all. And I don't think my brain is big enough to play two GOSS games at the same time!

Tom

kqrgcw
Captain
Captain

Post by kqrgcw » Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:06 pm

I just got "The Dark Valley". If someone wants to try this I would be up to it. Let me know so I can look over the rules. It looks like it can be played through "to the bitter end" in a week or less.

As to Civil War games I have played some of the old Great Battles of the American Civil wat series by Richard Berg. I also have played and liked Victory Games strategic Civil wat Game which goes as far west as Arizona.

With the War Room being down I won't be able to get much practice in the Monster Games.

Roger Baier

firefly17pdr
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by firefly17pdr » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:45 pm

I don't know if I would be interested in playing AW. I found the Bulge game to be intriguing, and would rather stick with that if I play GOSS. I would like to get my hands on an updated set of rules, and would probably be interested in trying the Bulge game with the newest rules set.

Ron

MarkD
Corporal
Corporal

Post by MarkD » Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:03 am

Hi guys I've never attended but you guys have certainly got my interest.

I'm not a Monster Gamer but I'd be interested in playing any of the COIN Series (A Distant Plain, Fire in the Lake, etc) by GMT, Elusive Victory, Downtown and Panzerblitz: Hill of Death by MMP to name a few. Maybe even 2nd, 5th, 7th Fleet by Victory Games.

Mark in Michigan

MarkD
Corporal
Corporal

Post by MarkD » Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:07 am

...and Combat Commander

ThisLee
Captain
Captain

Post by ThisLee » Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:20 am

Welcome aboard MarkD, and I hope to hold you to the Downtown game.

The COIN series, I keep hearing about, but I haven't looked at yet.

The Fleets: I think I have all 4, but haven't played in years; Maybe.

TEJ
Captain
Captain

Post by TEJ » Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:20 am

I could spend an evening learning a "Fleet" game. Gladly. Makes me think of Flattop, which I hope to play too, of an evening.

I'd also like to take a further look at Downtown.

But really, I'm up for almost anything as a side game. I'd like Roger to set-up that 30Years War thing one evening; what a horribly fascinating period!